Princess Diaries

Sunday, October 25, 2009

One Heck of a Hilly Ride
Saturday was the IU Alumni Association's first annual "One Heck of a Hilly Ride." It was scheduled on the same weekend as the Hilly Hundred in Bloomington and we certainly lucked out with the weather. As I type, it is snowing outside...fourth snow of the year and it's not even November yet!
Those of you who know me well know I do not like climbing. Well, this was my kind of "hilly" ride...the course profile showed a gain of 900 feet over 20 miles...perfect for my inner trackie. We rode from Denver to Morrison, had lunch, and then rode home. I met six new Hoosiers (five Little 500 vets...one happens to be the Little 500 announcer these days) and enjoyed great riding weather.

Perhaps the greatest pic of the day: Bikers with Bikers...or better yet: Hoosiers with "A**holes." (Not joking, that is the name of their biking club!) They were super nice and some of them actually ride pedal bikes as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home