Princess Diaries

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Annual Trek to MI
Last Friday I boarded yet another plane but this time headed east to Detroit. My first stop was Beth's doctor's appointment where I got to see the ultrasound of my future niece/nephew...yup, she's knocked up! :) It was really cool because the baby was really active and jerking around in there. Appearently, the baby had just grown past the size of a kamquat and was the size of a lime last week. I affectionately refer to the baby as "Baby Kate" and she is due to arrive mid April.
After the doctor's appointment, I headed over to a Whirlyballin' bachelorette party...it was finally time for Mary to get hitched. Whirly Ball was awesome and I became the designated player, playing all four 15 minute periods. Three of my four teams won and I got a few goals despite my terrible hand-eye coordination. For those of you who don't know the game, picture bumper cars, lacross, and basketball all in one. It's crazy fun!
The night continued with wedding festivities including a bachelorette dinner after Whirly Ball, hanging out with Bethie Saturday morning, and then the rehearsal Saturday afternoon...it was anything but relaxing with so much going on but definitely a lot of fun!
Wedding morning with the beautiful bride! We had our hair done and took pictures are Mary's childhood home in Gross Point. It was a beautiful but frigid day...my toes were the color of my dress by the end of the ceremony!
The newlyweds: Josh and Mary VanHaitsma! The wedding was right on the edge of Lake St. Claire complete with fall colors and blue skies.

The reception was at the Detroit Yacht Club on Belle Isle...and this may be the only time I have ever appreciated the Detroit skyline. It was an incredible sunset. So incredible that I was willing to face the frigid weather for a few shots of the skyline. Detroit has never looked so pretty; although, as Jeff Johnson suggested, it could have been Detroit burning down and not the sunset I was seeing! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home