Princess Diaries

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

My First Month as a National Champion
I can hardly believe it has been a month since my last post. Life has been crazy busy ever since I slipped on the second jersey. The weekend after nats I turned 30 (yay!) so that entire week was one of celebration...celebrating my wins and celebrating my fourth decade of life. I may be the first excited woman to turn 30 but if you had my 29 you would be stoked too!
And I got to celebrate with all of my favorite Colorado Springs people...and Col and Edith, the newest edition to the Wilner family! :)
Edith was actually born while I was in Vail at First Descents. I went to see her the day I got back into town so she is less than a week old in this picture. She is so stinking cute!!!
Somewhere in the mix of the past month I went to Lakeside Amusement Park with the Rront Range cycling woman. I love those rickety rides and this year was no exception. In fact, Renee and I were so into our go-kart racing we got kicked off on our first lap. Renee opened the inside lane up to tempt me, I went for the hole, she hooked me, I t-boned her, and we were kicked off. That's okay because we just went back to the Wild Chipmunk, my favorite!
I also made a trip to Indiana for Donnie and Sera's wedding and was blessed to spend two days with Becky, one of my best friend's from college. We spent a day on the lake in northern Indiana and I loved every minute of it.
Then I met up with all of my brothers for Donnie's wedding. It was so fun to spend the day with them as it is not very often that we all get together anymore because of distance.
First pic of the four of us in a few years...this one is for my parents...funny how well we get along now considering how much we all used to fight! :)
And since Steve was the best man, I got lucky enough to spend a ton of time with sister-in-law Jen. She's a good add to the Gracheck clan! :)

And the wedding turned out to be a bit of a highschool reunion. Here are a few of us but there were a lot more to add from the 1997 and 1996 Dexter classes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home