Princess Diaries

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Masters Nats Day 1
So, today was the start of Masters nats and the beginning of the end of a year-long journey. As you may recall, I was diagnosed with cancer 10 days after racing at collegiate nats last year (I am lucky enough to qualify for three different track nationals each year...and two of the three happen to be on my home track back to back years). On the first day of chemo, I told my oncology nurse I would be racing at masters nats and gunning for the podium the following season. Well, here we are, 11 months later and I was standing on the podium! :) I took third in the 2km pursuit this morning and had a solid ride. Not as fast as I wanted to go but probably the best executed pursuit I have ever ridden.

But even greater news is Renee smoked the field today and won the stars and stripes jersey. She had the fastest woman's time of the day earning herself a national championship. Up next is the Points race on Friday evening and then team pursuit (Renee is on my team! :) ) Sunday morning. While bronze is nice, I am definitely looking to get higher on that podium over the coming days! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home