Princess Diaries

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

More Pics from the Greatest Week of My Life
Playing "Polish Horseshoes." Fun game but I stink at it. The goal is not to get as many points as possible but to score 21...I kept scoring over 21 and knocking my team back down to 16.
Hanging out before dinner...I believe this was Fish Taco night and that is why we were hoarding the serving table. Best fish tacos I have ever eaten, hands down, no comparrison!
Hanging out on the water...have I mentioned I love being on the water?!
Paddle, paddle, paddle...I love whitewater kayaking and totally plan on doing it again this year! And, by the way, the water seems way more intense when you are sitting in that boat and paddling through it.
Break time in the hot springs. Our second day on the river took us down to Glenwood Springs and we got to hang out in the non-commercialized hot springs before finishing our section that day. They were warm to scalding hot depending on where you sat, smelled like sulfer (rotten eggs), and came with a water snake.
First day of camp we played water polo on the pond. In this picture I am on the defense but I really spent most of my time cherry picking and scoring goals! :)
Paddling downstream with the award balls strapped to my head...they clinked the whole way down the river and I felt very "special."
My awesome roomie, Sharkbait, on her birthday. We surprised her with a luau on the last night of camp.
Pretending to be a hardcore rock climber...just like I pretended to be a hardcore downhiller earlier in the week.

And the night I won my award, on land achievement, I was adorned with the Christmas tree ornament ball decoration necklace...the one that was strapped to my head on the last day of paddling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home