Princess Diaries

Monday, June 15, 2009

Lions and tigers and BEARS oh my!

After 29 1/2 years and 6 years in Colorado, I came across my first bear. I was riding up Goldcamp Road last week and just about at the top when I came to a narrow part of the road and saw a bear coming towards me. For a split second, I thought "Hum, this is going to be interesting riding past this guy" (he was a pretty big bear like the one in this photo) and then I noticed his ears went back and he started running towards me. I saw a truck was coming behind him and the bear's only choice was to come at me. I changed my mind rather quickly, did a quick U turn on my bike, and sort of speed away...I thought I was safe going downhill on my bike, no way a bear could catch me, and then I found out bears can sprint up to 40 mph an hour. Next time I might be a bit bigger hurry to get out of there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home