Princess Diaries

Saturday, May 30, 2009

It's a bird, it's a plane, it's the Thunderbirds!
After six years in Colorado Springs (yes, I am celebrating my sixth year here and sixth year with CTS this week!), I decided it was about time I went to see the Thunderbirds at the Air Force Academy graduation. I love watching air shows and the Thunderbirds were good but would have to say the Blue Angels are better...

But that could have been due to my viewing location. I watched the show across the highway from AFA and the planes came right by me but they were not very loud. Earlier in the week I heard them practicing from my apartment and they were much louder. I think the sound was lost being out in the open space versus valley. Next year I am going to hike Blodgett Peak and watch them from there. The amazing thing is how many people go out to watch the show. Literally hundreds of cars were parked along the road...and the planes are in this picture, right by the tree.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home