Princess Diaries

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Collegiate Nats Part 2
After raining all night Thursday and all day Friday, racing finally got under way at 4 pm. Unfortunately, my one and only race did not start until about 9:30pm and it was probably 45F at that time! Good news is I revamped my warm-up and my legs were feeling much better than Thursday morning and a bunch of people braved the cold and cheered me on.
Renee was there and gave me last minute instructions like go fast, stay up front, and attack...appearantly there was some funnier pointers as well and at this point I was able to laugh...
Than I realized how many girls where in the race...so many they had to stack some at the bottom with holders! Oh, and let's not forget, probably half of them (about 30) had never done, or completed very few, mass start track races. Fun times!

It was definitely fast and I attacked a few times when I wasn't pursuiting at the back freaked out or almost crashing out b/c the slower riders were still on the track after getting dropped. In the end I finished with the lead back but no points so my placing wasn't great. I got home around 11pm that night, went to bed around 12am, and had to wake back up at 6am for my final race, the 500m which took less than a minute in the 40F weather at 8am. Needless to say, I am now fully embracing my off season. Too bad school isn't in off season too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home