Princess Diaries

Monday, August 25, 2008

Ladies Night at Lakeside, Take Two!
Some of you may remember me blogging about Lakeside Amusement Park last August. Well, it was time to return to Lakeside again to gather with the front range cycling women for an evening of fun. Katie, Melissa, and I trekked to Denver to meet up with everyone...unfortunately it took us TWO hours to get there (b/c of traffic) and everybody was done with dinner by the time we got there. That, however, did not stop us from eating or having fun!
Katie was my designated ride partner for the evening. We started with the rickety, old wooden roller coaster. When I say rickety and old, think built in 1908 with modifications! But, I laughed until I cried on that thing. Not because it was fun, it was jarring and crazy, but I have never seen Katie so freaked out in my life. She was definitely screaming like a little girl!
Up next was the Scrambler. This has always been a favorite. After the rollercoaster, I had to talk Katie into the Scrambler but she loved it. After that we rode the Chipmunk...my favorite but Katie really did not like it. I stuck her in front...riding in front you think we are going to plunge off the track at any minute. She definitely had a few choice words during that ride which I didn't hear because I was screaming myself. It's definitely a ride you cannot appreciate until you are actually on it.

A few other rides and then onto the Spider. I believe somebody threw up after this one last year. Katie almost lost her dinner but was able to hold it in. I just laughed and laughed. I love amusement parks! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:13 PM, Blogger Leana S May said…

    I've been there, it is a pretty funny place. I can't believe you would drive from the Springs to go there!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home