Princess Diaries

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me!
My birthday always marks the end of the summer and usually a backpacking trip. This year I couldn't go backpacking as I have nationals in two weeks and wasn't willing to risk my race for a few days of hiking. So, with my taper officially on and a Saturday birthday, I got to have a super fun, relaxing day. My morning started with a trip to the Farmer's Market in OCC.
Then Lara and I went up to Green Mountain Falls for a delicious breakfast at The Pantry. A perfect summer morning to enjoy breakfast overlooking mountains and the pond...
And have a superman siting! Seriously, who allowed this guy to buy that shirt and then wear it in public? I do feel honored superman made an appearance on my birthday though! :)
After breakfast I was going to ride but it started to rain so I took a nap and then it was time for dinner. I met up with some of my school friends for dinner at Pizzeria Rustica, a new restaurant in OCC. Super good food, super slow service.
Originally we were going to go to the Sugarland concert in Pueblo at the state fair but it was actually sold out. I heard on the radio they had a record 9000 people in attendence at the concert last night. Since the concert was out, we went over to the balloon glow at Memorial Park. A really cool alternative as I had never been until yesterday.
Every couple of minutes, all of the balloons would lite up to stay inflated and wow the crowd. This was my favorite, Noah's Ark.

And runner up was the duck. If you live in the Springs and have never been, I highly recommend going at some point.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home