Princess Diaries

Saturday, July 11, 2009

Hammer Time Trial Day
It's that time of year again...time to race the clock! Today was the annual Hammer TT day which means everybody was out there to race the clock. I was excited to get my first 2km time of the year. This is one of the races I am gunning for at nationals in August.
The 2km is six laps as fast as you can go; however, the trick is to not go out too hard because you will pay for it in the second half. And, that is exactly what I did. My second lap was about 2 seconds too fast which means my final three laps were about 1 second slower than I wanted. The good news is I rode 5 seconds faster than I did at collegietes last year and have lots of room to improve before August.After that, I rode in a team pursuit with some of the women I race with every week. It was the first team pursuit I have ever done and it was so much fun! A team pursuit is when four riders work together to race the clock over 3km (9 laps).

Final lap you are supposed to cross the line together...Julia and lost our other riders along the way. I am definitely excited to do another team pursuit with some faster riders in the future!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home