Princess Diaries

Sunday, June 28, 2009

My Knight In Shinning Armor

Col! Actually, it was Levi who came to my rescue after running through Plan A, B, C, D, E...there was a lot of them. Tomorrow is the big day (comprehensive exam at 9am) and I woke up to a flat tire on my bike...no problem, I'll just drive over to the track...and then I realized Matty (Jeep) had a flat tire too. Still, no big deal, ride the slow leak to the track (I can't actually change the tire on my front wheel rim because it is so tight I cannot get tires on/off) and have guys help me with the tire and get help changing Matty's tire later...well, that was a great plan until Mandy, Levi, and Col showed up at 5pm and I realized my special lock lugnut was missing which meant I literally had no way of swapping the flat/spare tires. I ended up calling lots of auto parts stores, asking other Jeep owners in the complex, and calling towing companies looking for the special lugnut...no luck and Jeep dealerships are not open on Sunday. Then I found Jeep/Chyrsler has 24 hour road assistance so I call them and explain the situation. The lady assures me they can help me out and an hour later the guy shows up with no clue that I needed the special lugnut and of course he didn't have it...now we are at 7:30pm on Sunday evening and I have an exam in 14 hours. Levi calls one last auto parts store and the guy suggests hammering a regular socket on and it worked! Horaay!!! So Col kept me company but Levi saved the day. And I will definitely be replacing those special lock bolts with regular ones just as soon as I get time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home