Princess Diaries

Monday, November 03, 2008

Still One Up on Chemo
While the chemo hit me a little harder this time around, I still feel pretty darn good all things considered. In fact, I have been going on easy rides and socializing a bit. Saturday we went to see "The Secret Life of Bees" (very good!) and had dinner at Pizzeria Rustica...good food but I may never eat it again as I did not feel too hot afterwards. I've been trying to stay away from favorites so I avoid banning them in the future. We'll see how Pizzeria Rustica fairs, definitely not a good chemo food.

Despite being super tired and dehydrated, I was pumped to attend the CC/DU hockey game. As always, it was a great game and fun to watch. CC won, 3-2, but undershot DU 18-41...the CC goalie played an incredible game!

In terms of side effects update, the nausea has been worse this time around. Diet Ginger Ale and stoneground wheat crackers have become good friends of mine but I was able to eat a real dinner tonight and was able to drink water today. My blood counts are down so I had to have a shot of Neulasta today. Appearantly that can make my bones ache like an old lady but it will also boost my white blood cell count which is important as my numbers are really low right now. I have bottles of anti-bacterial gels/lotions in all my bags, car, and coats. The good news is I am halfway through my prescribed chemo regime and still have my hair! :)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home