Princess Diaries

Saturday, October 25, 2008

Round 1 Update

So I am still one up on chemo but I am really tired of the side effects. It is tough when you feel fine and then pump your body full of toxins. Really, I shouldn't complain but I am spoiled but generally being very healthy. Here's what the week after chemo looks like once the steroids run out:

Monday: Catch a cold and have swollen glands, feel like you have been run over by a train b/c you are so tired...oh yeah, food tastes funny and the idea of eating isn't fun

Tuesday: Definitely have a cold and super tired...food still not appetizing

Wednesday: Cold starts to go away and not so tired, still don't feel like eating, going on day 6 of a headache

Thursday: At last, hungar arrives! Still have a headache, cold is gone, feel closer to normal

Friday: Eating more regularly, chronic stomach cramp, still have headache...food tastes funny again b/c my PICC line was cleaned

Saturday: Ride on the group ride (yey!) but almost fall over after two hours of riding, headache is gone, still have stomach cramps, little bit of a sore throat again (likely from riding hard)

Definitely not the most fun week of my life but I am so thankful I haven't had terrible nausea or vomiting. As long as I avoid those I will be happy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home