Princess Diaries

Friday, October 17, 2008

Fight, Round One: Kate 1, Chemo 0
Today was the big day, my first day of chemotherapy. This is my cocktail of chemicals...anti-emetics (so I don't throw up) and chemo drugs (ABVD). Due to an educational period and testing of the "B" (bleomyacin), I was there from 8:30am to 3pm...long day but I was grateful to have Bethie by my side every minute of it!
And we were smart enough to pack entertainement. We spent some of the time watching videos online and the rest watching "August Rush" on my computer. It's a recent favorite of mine.
So far, this is the second largest Jesus in the hospital but I haven't been to the chapel yet...and this was right after chemo was over for the day. As you can see I am all smiles. I feel fine, no nausea, a little fatigue but I haven't been sleeping well this week. All in all, I feel exactly the same as when I left for the hospital this morning aside from red pee (due to the "A"-Adrinomycin) and a funny taste in my mouth. With that in mind, I am definitely up one on cancer and chemo! :)
As most of you know, I have been mentoring a local high schooler the past three years. Jaimee's mom was kind enough to make dinner for Beth and I tonight-Jaimee brought it over and hung out for a bit. Debbie is an incredible cook and it was a real treat to have something ready to eat without any prep work after a very long day.

PS: Lara designed t-shirts for me to wear to chemo. They say "Serial Cancer Killer" on the front and have a sillouhette of Laura Croft Tombraider. The back says "Kate." They were a big hit at the hopsital today and the lettering is PINK! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home