Princess Diaries

Thursday, October 16, 2008

Busy, busy day!!!
Yeyyyy!!! Beth is in town this week visiting and I am so thankful!!! Not only has it been fun to spend quality time with my best friend but she also is going to all of my appointments and sticking around for the first day of chemo. And she surprised me with all sorts of fun presents to prepare for my upcoming battle.
Yesterday I had to have an echocardiogram to assess my cardiovascular functioning and had my PICC line put in (you can see it on my left arm-it's used to deliver the chemo into my body)...that was quite the process as my "muscular" arms cause the nurse quite a problem. I think Dr. Beth made her nervous.
Today's testing was for pulmonary functioning. I got to do all sorts of breathing tests to assess my lung functioning and hung out in the little house for a while to provide pressurized testing.
After testing, Bethie and I hiked Section 16...I think I may have convinced her she really needs to move to Denver for her fellowship! :)

I thought this was really cool...it's my sillohouette at the top of Section 16. I love the fall becasue I get to play in the mountains and not worry about intervals or power numbers! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home