Princess Diaries

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Round 2 Update

Round 2 was definitely a bit tougher on my body as I mentioned earlier on my blog; although, it was still bearable and I am thankful for minimal side effects. The nausea and dehydration were worse, my mom thought she was going to have to take me in for an IV Monday morning. Fortunately I was feeling better that day and was able to drink more. The Neulasta shot definitely gave me 24 hours of "bony pain" (think growing pains in your low back and hips). Thursday was the most interesting day as muscle spasms slowly set in on my low back. I was not able to sleep at all that night as sitting and any laying position hurt, it was a pain I have never experienced in my life (worse than falling off horses, crashing bikes, or totalling cars) and Friday was pretty miserable. Fortunately, I had an appointment set Friday afternoon for a dressing change and my oncologist was available to see me. Appearantly, muscle spasms are not a side effect of the drugs I am getting. I think it is a combination of everything my body is going through. Fortunately he gave me a muscle relaxer and pain killer. Despite taking four hours to work, they worked and I woke up feeling normal again Saturday. I was still a little sore and really tired over the weekend but am happy to report I woke up side effect free on Monday. Four days of freedom before round 3...And, yes, I still have hair! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 5:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Keep on fighting! You are so tough! Way to go!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home