Princess Diaries

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

High Altitude Camping
Last night we packed our cars for high altitude sleeping under the stars. Mike is getting ready for a trip across the pond to a pretty big race in Beijing next month and wanted to get a final boost in his red blood cell count. Lara and I just wanted to sleep under the stars so we tagged along...the great thing is I am on break this week so I actually got to go!
We spent the night at a campground up on Old Stage road. The road leaves from the Broadmoore area and winds up into the mountains. Sadly, this was the first time I made it up Old Stage past the pavement, I can't believe I have been missing such a great road for five years! And Matty (my jeep) finally got to go off roading...sort of! :)
Mike treated us to his infamous "foil food" which he learned in boy scouts. I have to say it was very tasty! I just might have to learn how to make it...I am pretty sure it is within my realm of cooking as it is basically cutting stuff up and then grilling it in tin foil. That I can handle!
This morning we drove back down the road so Kojak (Lara's dog) could go swimming...he got a little run in on the way!

Sadly, the swimming pond was covered with trash. It's interesting that campsites close to town are always dirty while the ones further in the range are well kept. Just goes to show how many people never truly realize what Colorado has to offer by sticking close to town and leaving their footprints all over! Oh, and did I mention I saw at least 5 shooting stars including the biggest and brightest I have ever seen?! Fun times on break week! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home