Princess Diaries

Saturday, November 22, 2008

A Typical Day in the Life of a Cancer Fighter
Aside from the side effects I deal with on a daily basis, there also some other "exciting" things I have to accept as part of my daily routine. The first is the fact that my hair is falling out and it clogs the drain like no other. Today I had to go buy a special snake to unclog the largest hairball I have ever seen and got this special contraption to go over my drain while showering. Please note: I am not bald and only my head hair falls out. I tried letting my leg hair grow out so it would fall out but that did not work. Dr. Beth...why won't my leg hair fall out instead?! :)

On top of drainage preservation, I have now have to include each of these elements into my daily shower to keep my PICC line dry. I am not sure whether I am more excited about no more side effects or having that darn thing out? Anyways, every shower starts with wrapping two plastic baggies over the PICC line, than attempting to saran wrap my own arm with one hand, and then ace bandaging for extra protection. Believe or not, I get out with every layer gets penetrated with wetness no matter how tight I try to wrap that stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home