Princess Diaries

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Busy, busy week!
Last week my dad flew out to the Springs to attend all of my doctor's appointments (5 in three days time) with me. It was wonderful to have him asking all the questions and doing research to help me make the most informed decisions for my treatment. After doctor's appointments we had a little fun. Saturday I did the Incline while he hiked Barr trail. I set a personal record breaking 33 minutes for the first time! :)
After I summited the Incline, I ran down Barr trail and met up with dad. It was a perfect weekend to enjoy the Aspens.
Sunday was graduation...no, I'm not a doctor yet, but I am offically doubly "mastered" and now have two masters diplomas. I actually have three years of school left now as I am putting my internship off a year while I take care of my health. At least I will have my dissertation done when I leave for internship in 2010.

After graduation, dad and I went straight to the airport and flew out to San Diego. My trip was planned well before my diagnosis was made and I am so grateful to have time to rest before starting chemo. My treatment plan involves two cycles (8 weeks-4 total drip days) and, if I am in remission, I will head into three weeks of daily radiation after that. Assuming everything goes well, I should be back to full health and regular life by February! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 6:24 PM, Blogger The Pullems said…

    Congratulations, Kate! You and your family look wonderful. Thanks for the update on what's happening with you & your health. We're keeping you in our prayers!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home