Princess Diaries

Monday, July 21, 2008

A Celebration of Dreadnaughts
I flew up to MI Thursday for my 10 year high school reunion...yes I am that old! Better than seeing all my old high school buddies though was spending an entire weekend with my best friend! Pictured are the newest additions to the Prentice family. Chase is on the left and Logan on the right.
Before the reunion Bethie treated me to a pedicure...happy birthday to me! :)
Than we got all dressed up and headed into Ann Arbor to celebrate the Dreadnaught reunion...yes, that was our high school mascot, a battle ship! Pictured are the original members of the "Happy Halter Club" (circa 5th grade!) And, yes, it is the third time I have worn that dress this summer...but it was in three different states so it doesn't count right?! :)
And the hockey team managers...yes, we thought it was fun to haul water bottles, tape sticks, and sit on the bench at hockey rinks for an entire season. Jenny is now married and just had her first baby!
And my soccer buddy Chris Potter! We affectionately called her "pee water" back in the day...not sure how it originated but I am sure she was glad to get rid of it. She's a teacher in VA but thinking of moving to the Front Range!
One of my Austrian exchange and german class buddies Chye. We suffered through four years of german together and she now lives abroad with her husband teaching in Amercian schools. Chye just got back from Bangledesh and is headed to Zambia (Africa) for two years!
After the reunion was over, we all went upstairs to hang out at the bar with everybody. It was good to catch up with Meghan. You may remember her face from Beth's wedding last year. She was also in the bridal party.
Ironically, Rita and Ron's favorite band was playing upstairs so Beth, Tracey, and I joined Rita on the dance floor for a bit.
Unfortunately it was raining all day Saturday so we were not able to go out on the boat but Beth and I did get quality relaxing time which neither of us ever gets. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise the weather was terrible as it forced us to chill for a weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:56 PM, Blogger The Pullems said…

    What a fun weekend! But enough with the "old" comments, already! I think it's great that you're having such a wonderful summer to have had 3 chances to wear that lovely dress. You look fantastic!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home