Princess Diaries

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Third Time is a Charm?
So after surviving Stage 3 of Fitchburg (mountain top finish with over 4000 ft of climbing total for the day), I was super psyched for the crit...my favorite type of racing! Well the day did not turn out so great...just after the start, some girl fell over and caused a big crash...seriously I had not even crashed the start line yet!
Then it started to rain hard. The problem with this course is that there is a lot of paint, and rain on these paint strips causes problems. One of the girls crashed her bike on the paint in turn one and I got lucky enough to go down with her...I got back on but it wasn't pretty because I had landed on my FACE!
Post crash and race you can see I scraped some of my face off and have a nice rectangular bruise on my forehead from my helmet. Okay, so let's think, 3 crashes in 28 days is not cool. I have not spoken to as many EMTs and medics in my entire life combined as I have in the past few weeks!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home