Princess Diaries

Monday, June 26, 2006

Peace Out Ohio!
We had another impressive field at our race yesterday, a whooping 10 girls instead of 9! Long day with a big hill and then we hit the road. I noticed as we trekked across Ohio that the Buckeyes are very fond of personalized license plates. This one is somewhat creative!
We stopped in the middle of Pennsylvania last night. You would never believe the excitement of an "Oasis" that was shared between us...getting off the road into a bed was the best thing that could have happened. Renee's car was fully loaded (this is the view from her rearview mirror) and we were both tired! We woke up this morning to RAIN! You can imagine how excited I was to drive through PA in the rain. Renee graciously drove the whole way while I had my face buried in the atlas...I had to keep my mind occupied. We did learn some interesting stuff from my study:
**Alaska has the highest peak on the Nation (Mt McKinley 20,000+ft)
**Florida has the lowest high point (349ft)
**California has the highest peak in the contintental US (Mt Whitney beating out Colorado's Mt Elbert by ~10 ft!)

Ohio likes personalized plates, New Hampshire natives seem to be fond of shoe polish! Wierd!
Colorado crew this one is for you! Marci and Bert have the Travel Edition of Settlers! I might just have to play while I am here and brush up on my strategy! :)
This is their dog Manni. He was very excited to me and I think Renee was quite happy to drop me off and head on her own way. I am ready to sleep...a WHOLE LOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home