Princess Diaries

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

And I'm Off...Again!
Sunday was the first day of my mid summer adventure. This was my starting odometer reading...I was planning on taking a final reading at the end of the trip but that will not happen...you will see why in a minute.
This is the first five miles of my drive and will be the view my entire way to MA. Renee and I caravanned together and I got to stare at the back of her car all day long! 9 hours later we stopped in Kansas City to stay with Jim and Joan (family.) They made us an incredible dinner and delicious breakfast!
Day 2 was more of the same...staring at Renee's back end...this time through blog splattered glass...gotta love the Midwest!
I got a real good shot of the STL arch...considering we were stuck in traffic, I had a complete HOUR to stare at it!
And we kept passing back and forth with this group...for some reason they had saran wrapped their bikes? I guess to keep all of those bugs off...not a bad idea!
Eventually we crossed into Indiana...one of my favorite states (well Bloomington anyways!)

The destination was Ashland, KY. About 30 miles before we got there I got into a bad accident. Joey is likely totaled (still waiting on the insurance adjuster) though I am 100% okay. I was driving through rain, hydroplanned and then bounced between a rock wall and guard rail...I got out and walked away, incredibly blessed I know!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:49 PM, Blogger Jenny said…

    Dude I'm happy to hear that you're okay. Hope that Joey fairs alright...take care!

     
  • At 12:53 PM, Blogger b fisk said…

    glad to hear you are okay. good luck in your races out there.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home