Princess Diaries

Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Biggest Bike Race Tailgate Ever!

So, Athens Twilight is an awesome event for the Pro fields! The races are run at night (obviously!) and it is the only day of the year that open containers are allowed on the streets. Being smack in the middle of a college town at night with open container allowed, the crowd was huge...and loud!!!
Before the actual bike race, the venue held a MTB crit, a funky bike cab race, running race and tike race! Definitely the most entertaining race I have ever been to.
Check out this guy's shirt, it says: "Chicks dig scrawny pale guys" And check out the "denim" spandex shorts...classic! :)

Racing went well for me. Saturday I rode strong but botched the finish by riding uphill into the wind before the sprint...don't ask me what I was thinking, obviously I wasn't. I got top 15, not sure the exact place. Sunday was much more style, less climbing more cornering. I got 8th...top 10 at an NRC race isn't bad...though I know I could have finished higher had I not spent so much time up front...I was having fun riding aggressively, I just didn't want to sit in for some reason, I wanted to make the other girls hurt! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home