Princess Diaries

Monday, April 10, 2006

UC Irvine Anthill Crit...
So I couldn't figure out why they called it the "Anthill" Crit, I thought it was because the hill on course was pretty smalll...it actually is because they are the "UC Irvine Anteaters." And I thought being a "Dreadnaught" was bad in highschool!
It really was more of an anthill on course though...if you can see my face you can see I am working really hard to keep up...well, the headwind slowed the hill down and I am good at sitting in! :)
This is the fast downhill corner...I am not sure what happened to the rest of the pack? It was a good race, I rode really smart and stayed out of the wind all day long. I got a gap with another girl at 4 laps to go...that was caught and then with 300 meters to go I went, it was the right time though a bit far out. Photo finish...I got caught at the line and ended up in 2nd.
Mom and Dad were there to celebrate my second 2nd in two weeks! This being a collegiete race I won a whopping $23! :)

Now I need a win...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home