Princess Diaries

Friday, April 07, 2006

On The Boarder!
I woke up bright and early this morning to go ride the the US Paralympic Team. I had to give myself two hours to go 50 miles...this is what it looks like at 7am!
The Olympic Training Center is in Chula Vista, 7 miles from Mexico! Dad was worried about me being abducted and taken to Mexico...I got to see the Boarder Patrol on my way. Last year in Bisbee, AZ I actually saw the Boarder Patrol locate a group of illegal immigrats...we were only 2 mile from the boarder then, they did not make it too far!
The ARCO OTC...it's in a great area away from all of the SoCal hustle and bustle!
The paralympic riders are incredibly strong! After doing 5x5 30 on/30 off, I got to sit on Katie and Karissa's wheel...I don't know which was harder! Katie is a sighted rider for Karissa who is legally blind...they have won multiple national and paralympic medals! I had a great time riding with them, not only are they strong, the team has a great sense of humor! The guys wanted too see me suffer...my legs were definitely done when we got back!

If you have a chance, you should read up on the team, they are awesome! There are some amazing stories and they are incredible athletes! http://www.usoc.org/paralympics/news_33177.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home