Princess Diaries

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Round 4: Kate 4, Chemo 0
Yesterday was my last officially scheduled chemo treatment. I will find out in two weeks whether it is officially the last of chemo (and I head into radiation) or whether I need more (because there is still cancer activity in my lymph nodes). I am hopeful it was the last for good! At any rate, I have been "vacationing" with my family in Monument (Black Forest) all week. Check out the view from the breakfast nook!

After a hardy breakfast (I don't each much of anything the week following chemo), we headed down to the hospital. Since it was a holiday, my normal outpatient clinic was closed and I had to go inpatient...which meant I got my own room but it also meant three times as long. We were at the hospital for SEVEN hours yesterday. As you can see, we played Scrabble...a lot of it...at least it is my favorite board game.

Updates on the health front: I have barely any white blood cells and will likely have the immune system equivalent to an AIDS patient after yesterday's treatment. That means I have to wear a mask in public (no joke, Renee and I are going to Bedazzle it) and take prophylactic antibiotics. Also, my hematocrit has dropped to 37.8% so I have officially lost all my athlete superpowers; however, I intend to be back racing on the track next summer no matter what it takes! :) In general I am doing well after yesterday, nausea, headache, and fatigue but those all come with the territory. No throwing up yet and as long as I don't, according to my rules, I beat chemo! :)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:12 PM, Blogger Leana S May said…

    Glad to see you have been such a trooper Kate! Hopefully chemo is a thing of the past!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home