Princess Diaries

Thursday, November 27, 2008

Peter Survives the Incline
Since I am stuck in Colorado this year due to my compromised immune system and chemo schedule, my family came out here for Thanksgiving. Being excited to have the boys here, I challenged them up the Incline. Peter took the challenge and survived. In this photo we just got to the false summit...he was thinking it was a bad idea about 1 minute into the hike and here I am pretty sure he is relieved to have survived the steepest pitch; although, perhaps ready to pass out. I'm all smiles as I was going Peter's pace...which was actually pretty impressive...
He summitted in 45 minutes and 20 seconds. Not bad for a flatlander who has not been working out much at all the past few months. And he even said he would do it again! :) (For more detailed account, check out facebook...Steve, that means you actually have to get on it! :) )
After the hike up, we ran down Barr trail and met dad halfway down. It was an incredible day, 60F and sunny...not bad for November 26!

And for all of you have done the Incline before, check this out. We saw these women hiking up with two kids under 10, two old dogs, AND the lady has a kid on her back. I can hardly carry myself up there, let alone a kid on my back...and what if she fell?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home