Princess Diaries

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Graduation Round 2: Buff Time!
I drove up to Boulder Thursday night to hang out with my family and celebrate Chris' graduation from Colorado University. The weekend started out with dinner at Zolos...good fish tacos but even better atomic fire balls. If you are wondering how hot they are, just ask my mom!
Graduation was bright and early Friday morning (8am!) The cool thing about CU's graduation was we were able to sit close to the field and I was able to get a shot of Chris as he walked in. Oh, and they had a much better keynote speaker (Jeanne Jackson) and a really cool 2008 class video.
Two new college grads...I love my "little" brothers!
And I think Chris has a secret crush on "Ralphie" (CU's mascot)...though he'd never admit it!
Just after graduation with Folsom field in the background. Folsom is the football stadium and happens to be Chris' favorite spot on campus.
Family shot at Farrand Field...appearantly this place is famous for it's 4/20 festivities. Glad we got a family shot there!
Ralphie #2...this statue was over by the basketball arena (not a very popular spot on campus) and not as crowded so we were able to get better pictures.
After graduation and campus pictures, we headed over to Chautauqua Park for a little hike. The Flatiron in the background happens to be Chris' favorite as he likes hiking to the top of it.
We dropped mom after the first picture stop but dad and Peter were in for the real deal. Notice they look relaxed but I am pretty sure they were working hard up that hill! And I found out my Pumas turned out to be somewhat decent hiking shoes for the day.
Dad was smiling much bigger on the way back down!
After hiking, we grilled out at Chris'. Dad had the opportunity to remember what life was like pre-gas grills.

I had class all day Saturday and Sunday morning but I drove back up to celebrate Mother's Day and check out the infamous Flagstaff House. It was quite impressive and well worth the drive. Now mom and dad are headed down to the Springs for a few days!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home