Princess Diaries

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Very Busy Day!

I woke up before the crack of dawn this morning to race office park crit #2 of the year...this time I was northeast of Boulder racing on the Croc campus. Other famous companies included Thule and Case Logic...watch out, we are getting big time in the office park crits! Good race with an okay finish. I was totally outnumbered by a couple of teams and was effectively blocked from the winning break unfortunately. Got a great workout in and it was FLAT course...that never happens in Colorado! Perhaps that was part of my inspiration for waking up before the sun came up...or else I was avoiding writing my papers?!
After the race, I drove down to Boulder to eat breakfast with Chris. We went to The Buff, appearantly a local hotspot. Note: Chris is a little shaggy these days as he is growing a playoff beard. As long as the Red Wings keep winning, Chris will keep growing...let's hope they sweep the series!
The Buff definitely hit the spot after an early morning race in sub-freezing temperatures...and Chris loved his fruffy coffee drink after a full night of living up the final few days of being a college student. Oh, and get this, he actually bought be breakfast, what an awesome brother! :)

After breakfast I drove home and have been working on papers ever since...I now have three rough drafts down and one to go...I'm giving myself two hours to get started on the last paper and then I have to go to bed. Waking up at 4:49am does not do much for concentration skills!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:48 AM, Blogger The Pullems said…

    Hang in there, Kate! You're Kentucky friends are rooting for you!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home