Princess Diaries

Thursday, September 20, 2007

Talledega Nights: The Legend of Ricky Bobby
Last night at youth group we dressed up to celebrate the legend of Ricky Bobby...really, we just needed a good excuse to dress like hillbillies and Nascar fans!
While my Nascar shirt and cut-off jean shorts were pretty trashy, I would definitely say it was the pink stilleto heels that I was wearing which made my costume...you may remember them from last year's Zoolander Night...I am now the official owner of the shoes as I continued to borrow them for costumes...woo-hoo!
Aside from dressing up, we spent the night building race cars out of cardboard and roller chairs...I believe the other team was right when they commented that our car looked like an A-frame house...we were going for compact and aerodynamic...somehow that got lost in the process!

In the end, the other team ended up winning both sidewalk races (which were a bit of a trainwreck around this corner)...I am not sure that their design was the advantage, rather I think it was the fact that they had more competitive guys on their team and a newer chair...in the last race one of the wheels broke right off thair leaving us to forfeit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home