Princess Diaries

Friday, September 14, 2007

Ice Blocking 2007!
Every fall the youth group takes a trip to Cottonwood Park for some good, ol' fashioned ice blocking...okay maybe it's not so old fashioned as I had never heard of it until hanging out with the youth group.
However, it is very easy to do and super fun! Basically, you sit on a block of ice (for those of you in Colorado Springs, you can buy the ice at King Soopers I believe) and then sled down the hill just like you would if there was snow. Well, make sure you use a towel to keep warm...and wear old clothes as you are bound to get grass stains. Leslie (girl with me in this picture and fellow Hoosier!) also taught me to go barefoot, helps with speed!
At the end of the night we tried a girl train...this was the best option for me as I got to sit in back as the caboose and help steer the train...

That was definitely the fastest and most fun run; although, if you look closely you will notice a fence at the bottom of the hill...as we neared the bottom I realized we had no breaks and had no choice but to bail...we all landed in a big heap...maybe a few bruises at the end of the night but they are well worth it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home