Princess Diaries

Sunday, August 12, 2007

Dinner at the Coral Room: $10
Admission to Lakeside Amusement Park (Unlimited Rides): $7
Rickety Old Amusement Park Rides: 2 big bruises and a skinned knee
Time at Lakeside with the Cycling Ladies: HYSTERICAL!
Dad and Steve, this picture is for you...Melissa let me drive her M3 on Friday night...it was stinking awesome! :)
Friday night was the annual Ladies Night Out at Lakeside Amusement Park in Denver. It was a bunch of women that race road and track here in Colorado...not only do they know how to pedal bikes, they know how to have fun!
Here are a few highlights: This is the Rock-O-Plane...a knock-off of the traditional Zipper that you find at state fairs. I rode it with Renee, and I swear I have never heard her laugh so hard in my life...although, she would claim she laughed even harder while we were on the Wild Chipmunk and I was screaming at every turn (when it looked like you were going off the track!) You can check out her blog (http://vcsparky.blogspot.com/) for more details on that.
Later we went on the Spider...it was super twirly and up and down...this is at the end when Missy was holding back the urge to puke...she did end up puking after we got off the ride!
Perhaps the most terrifying and not so fun ride of the night, The Tower...at this point in the ride, I think it is a great idea as I love any ride! Renee is already starting to think it was a bad idea...
Then we started going up...
Still going up...
Yes, STILL going up...
Definitely not to the top yet and I am starting to think this was a VERY BAD IDEA...

And then we dropped...safely to the ground...but that look is of shear fear, definitely not fun! I don't think I will ride the Tower next year!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home