Princess Diaries

Monday, July 30, 2007

Wedding Weekend in Michigan
I flew to Michigan for the weekend to celebrate Beth as a soon to be bride!!! I flew out Thursday afternoon and spent 5.5 hours in Chicago O'Hare (awesome times) before landing in Detroit at 1am (scheduled landing was 9:45pm) and spending another hour on the runway 50 feet from the terminal because they wouldn't let us off in the storm. Beth and I got back to her condo at 3:30am...but the long day of travel was well worth it! Friday morning Jen flew in and we had breakfast at Beth's...Jen was my vice president while planning for the weekend. I was grateful for her help as she knows alot about these sorts of things!
After breakfast, Jen and I set off to Dexter to get ready for the shower and bachelorette party. We had our priorities though, first we stopped at the Dexter Bakery for cookies...they are amazing and unfortunately sold out for the week.
This is a random photo that some guy took with my camera. We asked him to take our picture in front of the bakery and then he grabbed my camera to take this shot...he was a little odd but we were in Dexter!
This is another random photo...my first time on an inversion table. Rita (Beth's mom) had one at her house...I didn't last much past this photo, my head felt like it was going to explode!
Friday evening we went to one of my favorite restaurants in Ann Arbor, Pizza House! They totally redid the place, it is super nice now. I got my favorite plate, a Chipati...basically a salad inside of giant, tasty pita bread.
After dinner, we decided to take a walk across the "diag" on Michigan's campus. It was really nice as we walked across but on the way back it started monsoon raining. So, the three of us ran back across barefoot and screaming...I am sure we were a sight to see!
Saturday morning was the shower at Rita's house out in her backyard. The weather was perfect!
This is a picture of the original Happy Halter club...Beth and Tracey invited me to join their exclusive club in 5th grade. Fortunately the club is no longer around but the friendships are.
And this is the amazing cake that Beth's Aunt Sharon brought to the shower. The cake matched the shower invitations that Jen made. Believe it or not, that entire cake was gone by Sunday morning!
After the shower, Jen and I ran into Ann Arbor to set up for the night and then met the bachelorette party at Dominics in Ann Arbor. Beth got to wear this amazing sash to dinner that night...at least we didn't make her wear a veil or anthing else wierd!
Then we had dinner at Mediterrano, Beth's favorite restaurant. Definitely another tasty spot in Ann Arbor. After dinner, we all went to a hotel and had a slumber party. Jen and I introduced the girls to the world of "Catch Phrase"...my favorite game in the world. And that may have been when the rest of the shower cake was consumed along with ice cream sundaes.

Sunday morning Beth, Jen, and I went to breakfast/lunch at Afternoon Delight, another of my favorites, before heading back to the airport. They have amazing muffins, though I do think Wooglins are still the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home