Princess Diaries

Thursday, July 05, 2007

Independence Day Grand Prix
So I was priveledged enought to spend 10 hours of my Fourth of July in my chamois (biking shorts)...while it was awsome to race on the Fourth, 10 hours in a pair of bike shorts is never any fun! This is first thing in the morning when Mary came to visit me, I was smiling because I had only been wearing them for about an hour at that point...by 10pm, I wasn't smiling anymore!
However, it was an awesome day because I got to race my first UCI (international race!) And I got my butt kicked, but that is okay because it was a good experience. The day started out with the Keirin. We start lined up across the track and then when the guns goes off, we all ride behind a motorcycle for 4 laps.

This is us behind the motorcycle...somehow I was lucky enough to be in the FAST heat. Both heats were fast but my heat happened to have some crazy strong pro and international riders and me...
The moto pulled off with 2 laps to go and then it was an all out sprint...that's me in the back pedaling as fast as I possible can and still getting dropped! Later in the day we had more Keirin rounds, a 60 lap Points race and then after an afternoon break I came back in the evening for a 200m...at that point my legs were absolutly fried and flat!

But it was super cool to race last night because we had a huge crowd watch before and after the fireworks that shoot off in the same park as the velodrome.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home