Princess Diaries

Saturday, May 06, 2006

Barrio Logan Grand Prix, CA State Criterium Championships!

When they say "barrio" they are not lying! We were only 10 miles north of Mexico, definitely not a place I would go on my own!
Though it was a great race! The course was a fast figure 8 with a good uphill stretch into two quick 90's and 150m finish. The field was super big today because it was for the State title...technically I should not have been in the race, oh well!
From the gun it was fast and furious! Though no breaks got away, there was a strong headwind down the back stretch...which meant tailwind on the finishing straight.
Definitely the fastest race I have done in awhile...Superweek fast no joke!
And of course, being in the Cat 3 field, crashes were bound to happen! I avoided one major one where a girl flipped over her bike trying to pedal through a turn...
and then before the final turn a girl dropped her chain right in front of me. I had to wait and see where she was going to go, lost a bit of time there and came in 10th. But hey, I have been top 10 for the past 6 weeks straight...though I am STILL five points away from my upgrade!

Tomorrow is the big day, I start my drive home to CO...17 hours in the car!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home