Princess Diaries

Monday, February 22, 2010

Catching Up
I can hardly believe a month has passed since my last post. I neglected my blog partly because I did not have internet at home for 10 weeks. The other part is because I was busy trying to get my dissertation proposal turned into the IRB before Eric came to visit. I turned it into my committee and now have approval from one committee member (waiting on two others before I can submit to IRB).
And I finished it just before Eric came for a week long visit. He has been skiing before but never experienced winter quite like this. On our first ride (I was cleared for road riding in early February), he wore 5 or 6 layers to stay warm. It was in the upper 30s that day...not quite CA but not all that cold either. I was only wearing a baselayer, jersey, and vest.
We went up to The Pantry (Green Mountain Falls) one day and ended up pond skating after breakfast. I have not done that since I was a kid and it was so fun. No skates, just our shoes, but it was a blast to play on the ice for a little while before we froze.

Eric also got to meet almost all of the important people in my life that live in Colorado Springs, including a special breakfast date with my best friend Edith (Mandy's baby). He's back in CA now while I focus on moving forward with my dissertation and am trying to line up an internship for next year. I am also starting real training again this week and head to Costa Rica in five weeks. Hopefully I will be better at posting now that I have internet at home; although, my life is pretty dull these days with most of my focus on dissertation and internship.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home