Princess Diaries

Friday, November 30, 2007

Bring It On!
Yes, you read the headline right...I was at the State "Spirit" Competition today...aka: cheerleading competition.
A few of the high school girls I work with cheer and since I didn't make it to any football games this year, I went to watch them in action this afternoon. This is their squad in the midst of a stunt. My girls did really well...but wow, there were some teams with girls flying 20 feet in the air during their stunts...while I am far from a cheerleader, I was definitely impressed!
Not only was it a cheer competition, there was a pom squad competition run alongside of the cheering. This is the Cherry Creek squad (think Carmel, IN or Bloomfield Hills, MI)...they were pretty darn good!

My girls...much relieved after finishing their routine. Their team has had a lot of injuries and girls quitting the past few weeks so the routine was not finalized until yesterday! And tip for any future cheerleaders, never part your hair down the middle...otherwise, it (appearently) looks like a b*tt crack (according to the girls' coach)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home