Princess Diaries

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Last time up the Incline for the season...and a personal best!

Turkey and pie must have done me well this past week as I recorded my fastest time up the Incline to date: 34:30. It came as quite a surprise as my plan was just to climb at a steady pace without looking at my watch...which I did...and still came in at a personal best! Woo-hoo! And, I did the entire loop (Incline/Barr Trail) in 59 minutes flat. Maybe I should eat Thanksgiving dinners more often! :)

For those of you curious about the Incline, it is a an old cog railway trail that runs straight up the side of a mountain. You start at 6600 feet and finish at 8600 feet, that's 2011 feet of elevation gain in just ONE mile. The average grade 41% with the steepest topping out at 68%...it is an incredible climb and fun run down on the Barr Trail switchbacks (about 4 miles).

Did I mention that I was climbing in shorts and a t-shirt today??? I LOVE Colorado!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home