Princess Diaries

Sunday, April 02, 2006

NRC Podium!!!

I finally did it! I made the NRC (National Race Calendar) podium this weekend! I took second in the Garrett Lemire Gran Prix, women's 3/4. The girl who beat me, Neva Day, beat me on Saturday as well. She attacked on the final climb...I thought 2 seconds too long about it, tried to chase her down and, just before the line, got caught by another chase group. I ended up sixth. Today's plan was all about execution on the final lap. I never left Neva's wheel as I knew she was the strongest rider in the field...she is a pro triathlete...IronMan distance...with an engine. The final straight was only 100 meters...not quite enough time for me to come around her after the turn, 10 more meters...half a bike length was all she had on me at the finish. First would have been awesome, but I am not complaining about second!


This is from Saturday's race. An office park crit...I thought only CO had those! I am second wheel, Neva lead.

Oh, I forgot to mention: our race was at 7:01 am this morning...and last night was daylights saving...warming up in the dark reminds me how precious my upgrade will truly be!

By the way, Garret Lemire was in Ojai, CA...the coolest town I have ever been too! If I ever win the lottery I am moving there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home