Princess Diaries

Saturday, October 23, 2010

My New Home
Its hard to believe I have been in Bellingham for five weeks already. Wow! I am beginning to learn my way around town and love exploring. There are endless roads and trails to explore and the scenery is incredible. While I could do without the rain, living in a temperate rainforest has it perks.
Eric came to visit earlier this month and we explored Whatcome Falls Park. Its a mile from downtown and technically still in town; however, you feel completely removed from town when you are there.
And things seem to be super-sized in the rainforest. Like these leaves...and the slugs which are 3-4 inches in length...and the hills are crazy steep.

The great thing about Bellingham is that I can be in the mountains, on a lake, or on the bay within minutes of leaving my house. When the sun is out...or when the clouds are out and its not raining...I love being outside. Fortunately, I have sun lamp to keep me going during endless days of cloud and rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home