Princess Diaries

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Congrats Becky and Joe!
I spent the past few days in Fort Wayne, IN for Becky and Joe's wedding. Beck is one of my best friends from college so there was no way I was going to miss the big day even if it meant spending 48 hours in the Fort!
Although, knowing the only people I would know at the wedding were Becky and her family, I asked Ben to come up from Bloomington. Those of you who know me well know I can be persuasive when need be; in this case, I definitely had to use my skills of persuasion to convince him going to a wedding where he would know nobody in Fort Wayne would be fun.
But I did run into some girls I knew from good ol' Alpha Phi (Beck and I were in the same sorority). This is my "great grandbaby" Val...she was in the freshman pledge class my senior year. Ironically, her fiance is really good friends with Becky's now husband.A Phi reunion! There were actually quite a few of us at the wedding: Me and Val, Beck, her "baby" and "grandbaby" and Julie...Beck's real life sister, I am not sure of her A Phi family though.
After the reception, the entire bridal party plus me and a few others went out to the infamous 412...Beck's favorite bar in Fort Wayne. And, get this, I stayed up until 3am that night!

Saturday afternoon they had a brunch so the out-of-towners could spend more time with Becky and Joe. It was fun to spend more time with Beck as we rarely get to see each other and are in a constant state of phone tag.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home