Princess Diaries

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Poor Little Pinky

Even though I am in a doctorate program and have a degree in sports medicine, I sometimes make some pretty stupid decisions when taking care of myself. In this instance, I managed to frostbite (literally! this picture does not do justice to the true trauma) my pinky Saturday afternoon after shutting it in my car door. After shutting it in the door, I wanted to ice it before swelling took place. Well, I was a little distracted and stuck it right in the ice pack without a cloth covering it. I managed to endure the pain of the ice freezing (literally...it was completely white when I took it out!) my pinky and tried to sleep that night while it felt like my heart was in the tip of my finger. Fortunately, I have feeling and sensations so I don't think the damage is permanent. Lesson learned: Don't put your pinky right in an ice pack...earlier this spring I learned to not sit directly on an ice pack (freezer burn!)...hopefully I have all of my ice pack lessons learned now!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger The Pullems said…

    Yikes! I didn't think that (meaning frostbite) could really happen like that! I hope your finger is okay. Keep us posted!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home