Princess Diaries

Sunday, April 06, 2008

First Race of the Year!

Oh, and first road race since the 2006 season! I forgot how much I love crit racing and the Oredigger Classic played straight to my favorite type of crit: fast and technical...well, that was until we got to the back half of the course and it was all uphill into a headwind. I really DON'T like racing uphill! It was a good wake-up call though, I was definitely a little rusty on tactics and appearantly forgot how to race uphill (note: spinning like a track rider is not a good strategy when trying to respond an attack up a hill). But my winnings did cover the race entry fee and I came home with an extra $10 which I spent at Jimmy John's for lunch on the drive home...so I really earned about $2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home