Princess Diaries

Thursday, January 03, 2008

I Spy Cacti!
As I mentioned awhile ago, I am in Tucson for a private camp with one of my athletes. Today was spent playing on Mt. Lemmon with picture perfect 70F weather...I am definitely getting spoiled!
After sufficiently wearing my athlete out, I dropped her off and went riding on my own. While San Diego is a desertous climate, Tucson is the real deal. Check out the desert mountains with hundreds of cacti scattered about. (This is a picture of Sabino Canyon where I am staying).
These Saguaro cacti are everywhere you look!
Add to that Prickley Pear all over the place...those are all Prickley Pear behind me!

But the cool thing that I discovered on this trip are the PURPLE Prickly Pear cacti. I had never seen them before and couldn't resist this shot. I felt a bit like Bear Gylls (Survivorman) while taking this picture and even more so after I stood up and realized that I had been attacked by the cactus. I had little yellow thorny things all over my hand after a small (accidental) run in with it...and somehow managed to wipe my hand on my shorts and got some on my shorts...let's not forget how thin lycra is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home