Princess Diaries

Sunday, December 23, 2007

Burnfest Success!
Today was another one of those burn 1800 kJ days...and I am happy to report I not only hit the mark but surpassed it by 216 extra kJ (that was only because I had to keep riding uphill to get home!) I figured out burning energy is a lot easier on flat roads with a steady pace so I headed north today along the ocean. The coastal ride started in Leucadia, went through Carlsbad, and then Oceanside (pictured) before taking on Camp Pendleton (marine base).
I was too scared to take any pictures on Camp Pendelton since it is military land (although there are a ton of "Tank Crossing" signs and tank trails!) so next up is the view from the bike path headed north to San Celmente. If you look closely you can see the Malibu hills way off in the distance.
Before getting to San Clemente, I rode through Onofere State Beach. Apperantly this is one of the great surfing beaches...and they allow car camping which is really cool!
Once I entered the park, this was the first sign posted...that really made me want to go swimming (better yet: surfing) at this beach.

As I exited the park, I got one more "view" before heading into San Clemente: the San Onofere Nuclear Power Plant...I never knew I lived so close to it, yikes! Once I got to San Clemente, I turned around and saw everything for a second time from a northern angle (with a tailwind!)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That power plant seem very excited to see you...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home