Princess Diaries

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Trick or Feed!
Since Halloween fell on a Wednesday, I was lucky enough to spend it with a bunch of highschoolers in costume! Leslie (fellow Hoosier!) and I were the 1982 and 1980 Prom Queens...while it's fun to make fun of the 80's, I am so glad I did not go to highschool during them!
Along with dressing up, we went trick-or-feeding. Rather than going door-to-door collecting candy, we asked for canned goods and non-perishable food items to donate to the Colorado Food Bank. That was the first time I have been trick-or-anythinging since probably 7th or 8th grade! (And for the record, it was just as cold as a Michigan Halloween!)

By the end of the night we had collected quite a bit of food amongst the different groups...and I think some candy was picked up along the way as well! What a cool way to help others!

1 Comments:

  • At 4:57 PM, Blogger The Pullems said…

    I'm very glad that you all accomplished some good for your community on Halloween. However, I do not appreciate the disparaging remarks about going to high school in the 80'! It was wicked awesome! Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go blow dry my gigantic permed hair and tease up my bangs before spraying them with shellac!

    Sincerely,
    Not quite the Class of '84 Prom Queen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home