Princess Diaries

Monday, December 18, 2006

My First NFL Game
I went to my very first NFL game yesterday with mom, dad and Peter. The San Diego Chargers played the Kansas City Chiefs.
Peter couldn't wait to get to the beer tent...and this was the first one we spotted after walking in the gate. He later decided that drinking beer at a football game was not worth waiting in line at the men's bathroom all night long.
We got there a bit early and had a chance to explore. This is the stadium before everybody was there. Check out my shirt, before this weekend I did not know who Phillip Rivers (#17) was...now I know he is the starting QB for the Chargers (who happen to be the AFC champions this year and have a good chance at going to the Superbowl.)
During the pre-game warm-up I was looking through the program and happened to spot a familiar face. Kris Dielman (#68) played football at IU when I was a student trainer there and worked with the FB team...so I legitamately know a starting player on one of the best NFL team's out there! In fact, we used to talk about horses alot! :) And I know one of the coaches as well...Cam Cameron is the offensive line coordinator...he was the head coach at IU when I was there...I am not such a fan of his though we had a loosing record the entire time he was there and he did not like girl trainers!
Check out the cool hats we got...Santa Charger hats...for getting to the stadium a little bit early! :)
The pre-game show was the best part! It started out with a little taste of Mexico (go figure considering we are in San Diego) and ended with fireworks and 3 F-18 fighter jets flying right over our heads!
This is the opening kickoff...the first quarter was awesome and the second was exciting with LT (Tomlinson, #21) scoring on 75 yd (12sec) run...and breaking a NFL record. He is pretty good from what I hear! :) In the end, the Chargers won 20-9. Go Chargers!

1 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dang Kate...you must have loved that! It got like five pics! Not as much as you loved my impressions though...huh?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home