Princess Diaries

Sunday, December 03, 2006

Colorado Springs' Festival of Lights
Colorado Springs has more parades and festivals than I have ever seen anywhere else I have lived. Last night was the annual Festival of Lights.
Not only was it cold, it was freezing! I think it was about 19F...after standing there for 45 minutes watching the floats I don't think any amount of clothing would have kept me warm...in fact, it was so stinking cold that I probably would not have gone if I wasn't looking for an excuse to get away from my papers for a little bit.
I think just about anybody could be in the parade...all you need is a truck with a flatbed and some Christmas lights around it. This is one of my favorite "floats." I think it was supposed to be a Cinderalla thing and there is a little 4 wheeler in between the horses pulling the thing along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home